- Women's Tour 2017: London to host to final stage, with race to open in Daventry
- Track World Cup: Neah Evans finishes 11th, team pursuit fifth in Colombia
- Lance Armstrong: Banned cyclist faces November trial in £79m US lawsuit
- Angelique Kerber fails to overtake Serena Williams in world rankings
- Elina Svitolina beats Caroline Wozniacki to win Dubai Championships
Solar car racing refers to competitive races of electric vehicles which are powered by solar energy obtained from solar panels on the surface of the car (solar cars). The first solar car race was the Tour de Sol in 1985 which led to several similar races in Europe, USA and Australia. Such challenges are often entered by universities to develop their students’ engineering and technological skills, but many business corporations have entered competitions in the past. A small number of high school teams participate in solar car races designed exclusively for high school students.