- Women's Tour 2017: London to host to final stage, with race to open in Daventry
- Track World Cup: Neah Evans finishes 11th, team pursuit fifth in Colombia
- Lance Armstrong: Banned cyclist faces November trial in £79m US lawsuit
- Angelique Kerber fails to overtake Serena Williams in world rankings
- Elina Svitolina beats Caroline Wozniacki to win Dubai Championships
Launched on 28 February 2011 at the Geneva Motor Show, five months after its initial unveiling in Sant’Agata Bolognese, the vehicle, internally codenamed LB834, was designed to replace the then-decade-old Murciélago as the new flagship model.
Soon after the Aventador unveiling, Lamborghini announced that it had already sold over 12 of the production vehicles, with deliveries starting in the second half of 2011. By March 2016, Lamborghini had already built 5,000 Aventadors, taking five years to achieve this milestone.